Groups of hosting services
A hosting service suggests hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting distributor. There are various classes of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a web page, e-mail accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain file storage providers, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage services are frequently supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between separate stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share an enormous quantity of pictures with friends or colleagues since the solution is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your mails. Some companies offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many video clips as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to run a website. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Websites-Creators.net, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular content exclusively.